Thursday 9 October 2008

"The Weight" - Band, 1968

I really have come to hate the wait for a pass/fail or yes/no answer.

I have realized that my patience for waiting for special events - like Christmas, vacation trips, family/friends reunions, etc. - has improved greatly with age. But not the yes/no sort of waits. I think I'm actually becoming less patient with them as time passes.

Maybe that's because John and I have had such a long sequence of them since I moved to Britain in 2002. Over time, they begin to weigh you down - and wear you out - no matter how hard you try to maintain a positive attitude.

We have another one of those waits going on right now. It's one of our final steps, as a couple. I hope the time will pass quickly - and that the answer will be in the affirmative.

Janet

PS And by the way, congratulations to Melanie & Brian in Houston - as their wait has ended, and they now have a third little boy! John and I can't wait to meet him!

3 Comments:

At 09 October, 2008 17:16 , Blogger Steve White said...

What are we waiting for - the pregnancy test results, the adoption to be approved, membership at the golf club.... the mind boggles

 
At 09 October, 2008 19:40 , Blogger Janet said...

Steve,

No - John had a job interview yesterday for a position in Oxford that he would really like to get. And we're waiting.

The most our little family will expand in the future will be because of four-legged, shaggy "kids". And we don't play golf.

Satisfied? ;-)

Janet

 
At 09 October, 2008 20:00 , Blogger John Nolan said...

I. WOZ. HO. PING. THE. BRAIN. TRANS. PLANT. WERKED. JON.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home