Saturday 2 June 2007

"Minute By Minute" - Doobie Brothers, 1978

I found out about the photography project A Minute in the Life a bit too late to blog about it. You'll see that it's the idea of a man in Bethesda, Maryland, USA. He wanted people to stop what they were doing between 2:00 and 2:01pm Eastern Daylight time and take a photo, to be e-mailed to the project. He'll eventually post the photos he's received -- hopefully from all around the world!

Of course John and I participated! UK time, we had to shoot our photos between 7pm and 7:01pm this evening.

My submission isn't particularly creative. I'd spent most of the day gardening, so I just stopped what I was doing and took a photo of the back garden in the evening light. I was hoping that a bird might see fit to land on our bird table just as I snapped the shutter, but sadly none of the usual evening diners cooperated!



(Click on any of the photos for a larger version.)


Meanwhile, John's photo is much more interesting. What was he doing as the clock struck 7 this evening? He was baking potatoes as part of our dinner last night!






One more. I had told my officemate Gavin about the photography project late yesterday, and he's e-mailed me the photo he's sending in. He decided on a self-portrait, in his Oxfordshire back garden. I just love those shoes, Gavin!




So did any of the rest of you participate, by chance? I know that Gnightgirl was planning to, so let's see if she posts her photo on her blog! And I see that "Blanche" has as well. Great!


Janet

1 Comments:

At 05 June, 2007 18:08 , Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

that is a very cool idea.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home