Friday 5 September 2008

"A Horse With No Name" - America, 1972



Many times in my life, a misunderstanding of words has created a phrase which, to me, would make a terrific band name or title for an album. That is happening to me more and more since I've known John, as we have such similar (i.e. wacky) senses of humor/humour.

The most recent event, though, happened to me at work this week and involves my officemate. And here's the album title that was generated:

"A Horse Named Bob Thornton"

If anybody wants an explanation, I'll be happy to provide it. (This could, therefore, be a way to test whether or not I actually have any readers today!)

Janet

Take a look at what I've been listening to lately at Auditory Cortex.

3 Comments:

At 05 September, 2008 14:31 , Blogger bronx boy said...

A boy named Sue or a horse named Bob Thornton. Not enough curiosity on my part but just to let you know I always read your blog!

 
At 06 September, 2008 11:52 , Blogger Chris Hale said...

Hi Janet.

Bob Thornton seems to me as good a name as any other to give to a horse. It's a solid reliable name; a horse called Bob Thornton wouldn't let you down. He would probably know where you could get the best deals on carpets, and would likely be able to help you with your tax returns as well.

Not sure why we ever started calling animals Rover, Dobbin, Binky or similar. Imagine if we used the same for our kids? My daughter might have been baptised "Spot".

 
At 06 September, 2008 20:24 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Chris's comment - imagine naming children Bristol, Track, Piper or Trig...

Noz

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home