Wednesday 29 October 2008

"Early Snow" - Tom Paxton, 2002

Since I arrived in England in late 2002, there has never been snow in October. But that changed last night. Here was our back garden around 8pm...



While this doesn't look like much, it continued during the night. Our grass was white this morning. Luckily, though, the roads were ok - although the outside air temperature reading in my little Audi was as low as minus 3.5 degrees C as I drove to the park and ride. Brrrrr!

Other parts of England got even more snow than we did, though. Take a look at this, from the BBC website.

Janet

2 Comments:

At 29 October, 2008 11:51 , Blogger Iain Cameron said...

It was - 2.5c yesterday with us in Aberdeenshire. I had to battle my way through three snow storm on my way back from a Hearing. Looks like winter has arrived. Brrrr. Drive safely.

 
At 14 November, 2008 15:34 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you imagine my surprise when I come out of work on Tuesday 28th October after working in a data centre in Birmingham all day, (no windows to the outside world therefore) to find my car covered in 2 inches of snow!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home