Wednesday 22 October 2008

"Soldier Boy" - Shirelles, 1962

Every weekday, I receive an email from a security company based in Houston reporting trouble spots all around the world - something really useful to people like me who might be called upon to make an overseas trip on short notice. At the bottom of each email is a rundown of public holidays and major events for each day of the year.

Last night, after dinner, I was reading through yesterday's email. I thought the items for Honduras and for "Worldwide" were very strange bedfellows for the same date. Here's a screenshot of that portion of the email...


Janet

3 Comments:

At 22 October, 2008 17:50 , Blogger John Nolan said...

I take it that President Ndadayes wasn't the most popular guy in Burundi then? (And I know that's not what you were referring to!!)

 
At 22 October, 2008 19:55 , Blogger Heather Plett said...

Funny, I was thinking along the same lines as John - that Burundi has a holiday to celebrate their president's assassination. Makes you wonder if people who want to add more holidays get any bright ideas.

 
At 23 October, 2008 15:22 , Blogger Janet said...

Funny that you two both focused on the "Burundi" entry - which I also thought was oddly funny - while I was looking at the contrast between the other two entries.

Great minds, Heather & John!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home