Wednesday 22 October 2008

"I Got the News" - Steely Dan, 1977

I don't often post twice in one day. But something has come up which has inspired me to write again today.

When I first began blogging, one of the blogs I began to read regularly (and I think that it's because she was shown as a link on a music blog written by Greg Kline) was This Just In. Over time, it has become a big favorite of mine.

Well, This Just In's author Lori Stewart (Gnightgirl) recently posted a very touching piece about the cost of the drugs her mother is taking for her newly-diagnosed Altzheimer's disease. This blog post - plus some of Lori's blogging connections - led to the story making the front page of the New York Times today! Take a look. It's an interesting article about an important issue being faced by many, many Americans these days.

I'm not sure that I've ever before known somebody who made the front page of my favorite newspaper! Oh...wait. I don't actually know Lori, do I? It sure feels like it though.

Oh - and while you're visiting This Just In, see if you can do anything to help Lori with a wonderful cause she founded. It is called Toys for Troops.

Janet

1 Comments:

At 23 October, 2008 05:13 , Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Yay, Janet, thanks for the shout out!

I still laugh every time I think of talking to Greg about you because I thought you know him, and he thought I knew you, and really, we only knew each other!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home